5 Steps to Your Dream Tattoo
1. Don’t be impulsive. Sure spontaneity may be great when it comes to keeping a relationship alive but when it comes to tattoos it is better to only get a tattoo after you have thought about it quite a bit. This will help to keep you from regretting your tattoo after it is done
2. Chose your design. Once you are sure you want a tattoo it’s time to start thinking about what type of design you would like. This is a very personal choice. You may opt for something meaningful, fun or simply pretty. Whatever you decide remember that it’s your decision and you will be happiest with a design you choose yourself
3. Test out your design. After choosing a design, you might want to try having some temporary tattoos made that you can use to decide whether or not you really like the design and where you think it looks best. Have fun and try out a number of locations on your body before making your decision.
4. Chose an artist. Finding a tattoo artist is a very personal decision. Be careful to check out examples of their previous work. You might also want to meet with the tattoo artist to see if the two of you get along and if you think the tattoo artist understandswhat you are looking for in a tattoo.
5. Maintaining your tattoo. It will take about a month for your tattoo to heal and the way you take care of it during this time can affect how well it lasts. The two most important things you can do to ensure that your tattoo lasts is to keep it clean and most. Try washing your tattoo 4-5 times a day and protected with a quality healing product. Your tattoo artist will probably be able to recommend a product for you to use.