Tattoos are a growing part of today’s’ culture with the young and the old alike getting them. Most of the time tattoos symbolize an important event, person, place or time in a persons’ life. Some people like to design their own tattoos, some have the actual tattooist design one for them, and others like to get their ideas from tattoos other may have gotten or designed.
Here are some interesting facts about tattoos:
– According to a fall 2006 survey by the Pew Research Center, 36% of people ages 18-25 and 40% of people ages 26-40 have at least one tattoo.
– In April 2006, The National Geographic News stated that about 15% of Americans had tattoos. (That’s about 40 million people!)
– According to a U.S. News & World Report article, there are an estimated 20,000+ parlors in operation in the U.S. with an average of one establishment being added every day.
– The top 5 ranked tattoo designs are tribal, cross, stars, butterflies, and fairies.
– The tattooing machine is based on the design of the doorbell.
– In 2005, The American Society of Dermatological surgery stated that only 6% of all the people they treated with laser and light therapy were getting a tattoo removed.
– Only 17% of americans feel regret about getting their tattoo, while 83% do not regret getting their tattoo.
If you are one of the rising number of people that getting tattoos, congratulations. Finding the right design for you can be very hard. But don’t worry you will be able to find a design that is just right for you.